Sharing Ministries Food Bank is celebrating our 20th Anniversary of serving our friends and neighbors and we have a lot to celebrate, as well as, a lot of work to do.
The community’s new food bank is near completion and will be completed by the end of this year. We are committed to obtaining the freshest food possible from various sources and distributing it at no cost to those who need food assistance in Montrose, Delta, Gunnison, Ouray and San Miguel Counties.
About Sharing Ministries Food Bank
To qualify for services, income is based on National Poverty Level Standards. On the first visit be sure to bring a picture ID, proof of income, and a Social Security card if possible.
- 6th largest food bank in Colorado
- Served an average of 5,500 people a month
- 919,897 pounds of food was distributed to over 70,000 client visits
- Approximately 40 non-profits organizations in 5 counties benefited from Sharing Ministries Food Bank
- 100% of our customers are at or below poverty level
- Over 150 registered volunteers contributed over 20,000 hours of service
- Open 5 days a week from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
End of The Year Help Needed
- The holiday season is fast approaching and many families will need additional help to supplement their tables during Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Turkeys and hams are always welcome)
- There is an increased need during the winter months due to a reduction in seasonal jobs. (Cash to purchase additional food is always needed)
- Continued need from non-profit organizations we support such as; Christ’s Kitchen, Shepherd’s Hand, Vista Charter School, food pantries, children’s organizations, senior centers, and many more.
- With our new warehouse, we will be able to distribute food more efficiently and keep up with the growing demand in our community. However, the warehouse is being built on a minimal budget to ensure your donated dollars are being used as effectively as possible. Funds are still needed to complete the project, to purchase shelving, additional refrigeration, furniture, and supplies.